Roonga does not engage in any of the following marketing activities:
- We don't share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, except as you specify in the course of conducting transactions for our nonprofit partners.
- We don't engage in cross-marketing with other sites where your user information is provided.
- We don't send unsolicited communications for marketing purposes without your permission. We do retain the right to send critical communications related to the operations of your account, changes in the Roonga service which may affect you, and other related types of messages.
Account protections include the following:
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- Basic webserver authentication is used. Close your browser to log out.
Roonga, or people who post on Roonga, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
We collect your email address for purposes for confirming transactions and communicating to you changes to your postings. Additional contact information, including your phone and address, is collected only for the purpose of enabling a transaction through Roonga. Roonga does not store credit card or any other financial information.
We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our classifieds or interactive forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on Roonga's forums or classifieds that you expect to keep private.
Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Roonga site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
All postings are stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
Roonga may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of Roonga we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.